Ahoy Matey!

Ahoy Matey!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

How I Discovered: Oasis


I had trouble deciding whether to do a "How I Discovered" post on Oasis or an "Other" post on their 1995 smash, (What's the Story) Morning Glory?. As was the case with Relient K, my view of Oasis is shaped very, very heavily by my opinion of a single album. It occurred to me, however, that in addition to owning several Oasis albums, I do actually like the majority of what I've heard from them. That seemed to be qualification enough for a "How I Discovered" post.
I found (What's the Story) Morning Glory? in my mom's CD collection in middle school, probably in late sixth grade but definitely before eighth grade. My first memory of listening to the album as a whole was in Wilmington, but I had of course heard the iconic (and at this point laughably overplayed) "Wonderwall" years before. They're classified as Britpop, though I've always considered them to just be rock or alternative. They've been a pretty significant band in my life because they've written some of the most played songs by Trevor, Jack, and me.

Favorite album: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995)
Favortie songs: "Don't Look Back in Anger," "Married with Children," "Champagne Supernova"

No comments:

Post a Comment